5 Ways to Turn Happiness into Advantage
Posted by upliftingthoughts4u
This information came from the Huffington Post picture/suggestions on 3-20-14, and I heartily agree with them:
5 Way to Turn Happiness into Advantage:
1) Write down what you are grateful for. Write down three new things you are grateful for each day. (Research shows this will significantly increase optimism even 6 months later and raises your success rate significantly.)
2) Focus on the positive: Write for two minutes a day, describing one positive experience you have had over the past 24 hours. (This is a strategy to help transform you from a task-based thinker to a meaning-based thinker who scans the world for meaning instead of endless to-dos.)
3) Exercise 10 minutes a day. (Trains your brain to believe your behavior matters, which causes a cascade of success throughout the rest of the day.)
4) Meditate for two minutes a day: Focusing on your breath going in and out. (This will help you undo the negative effects of multitasking. Research shows you get multiple tasks done faster if you do them one at a time.)
5) Send a positive e-mail: Write one e-mail first thing in the morning, thanking or praising a member of your team/family/friends. (This significantly increases your feeling of social support.)
These five things take only a few minutes a day, yet the fruit you would get from them could not only change your life, but it would create a Synergy that could ultimately make a huge difference. Are you willing to try it?
God bless your journey!
About upliftingthoughts4uLife-long learning has been my quest always. There is so much in the world that brings us down. Like the old song says: "Eliminate the negative, Accentuate the positive..." Life, Love, Truth, Peace, Beauty, Laughter, Light, Joy = All these and more need to lift our spirits so we can soar. Daily wear and tear affects us all. Each one needs to take the time daily to look beyond the problems in our lives so we may find the solutions needed. I wish to use all my lessons learned to share uplifting thoughts with you. Come join me in trying to make this world a better place... :-) I have been happily married to author and poet W. Foster Welborn for 29 years. (His blog is URL: www.wfosterwelborn.com = RSS Feed is: www.wfosterwelborn.wordpress.com) He has 6 books on Kindle and 2 in print. I am his editor/typist. I currently have 4 more books that are in my finishing process. Watch for them!
Posted on March 21, 2014, in Uncategorized and tagged awareness, exercise, grateful, Happiness, journey, life, meditate, meditation, metaphysics, New Age, New thought, positive, Synergy, thoughts, Truth, understanding, willing, wisdom. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.